Snow angel program

This winter, the town of Calmar, FCSS Department is happy to introduce a new Snow Angels program that aims to identify where snow clearing assistance is truly needed so that any member of the community can help out! “Many hands make short work,” and the goal is to share the workload and encourage any able-bodied person to be part of this great town initiative.

How it works

Residents who register for assistance, will be provided a sign to display in their window to indicate they have been approved for the program due to legitimate need. Applications are available at the town office or alternatively, may be filled in below digitally.

Eligibility

Anyone in the town of Calmar who has mobility issues and/or finds it difficult to keep their walks clear is welcome to apply through the Snow Angels program. This support is conditionally based on the idea that no-one else living in the same residence is able to shovel. This program is NOT applicable for those seeking assistance while on vacation. It is also essential to note that placing a Snow Angel sign does not guarantee snow removal.

Snow Angel Volunteer

Applicant Information

Your Address
Physical Address
Apartment/suite #
City
State/Province
Zip/Postal
Mailing address (If different than physical address)
Address
Apartment/suite #
City
State/Province
Zip/Postal

Criteria and disclosure

I verify there is no one residing in my home who is able to shovel.
I will notify the town of Calmar if and when I no longer require this service and will return the sign that was assigned to me.
I verify that I am not requesting snow removal assistance due to being on vacation or an extended absence (ie. snowbirds etc.)
I understand that: *
  • I am ultimately responsible for the safety of my property.
  • I am ultimately responsible for complying with the Sidewalk Clearing Bylaw.
  • This program utilizes community volunteers, so there is no guarantee of service.
  • I may be required to supply the tools/equipment needed to clear the snow from my property.
I consent to the town of Calmar disclosing my address to community members offering to support.
I acknowledge that as a participant in the Snow Angels Program, I am permitting volunteers to access my yard and I hold harmless and indemnify the town of Calmar from any and all liability for injury, death, property damage, property loss or any other loss or expense to any party.

Verification

The personal information on this form is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) and will be used for the administration of the town of Calmar Snow Angel Program.

Should you have questions regarding the collection of your personal information, contact the Town office at 780.985.3604.

Note: Property OWNER must authorize renters’ application and fill out a ‘Program Authorization Form’.

Becoming a snow angel

Being a neighborhood Snow Angel is a great way to get to know your neighbors, keep your street safe for pedestrians, get some fresh air and exercise and feel good about knowing you are helping someone who truly needs, and appreciates your help.

To become a Snow Angel or for any questions regarding this program, please contact Heather Hughes, FCSS Coordinator at 780-985-3604 ext. 233 or email fcss@calmar.ca

Snow Angel Volunteer

Applicant Information

Your Address
Physical Address
Apartment/suite #
City
State/Province
Zip/Postal
Mailing address (If different than physical address)
Address
Apartment/suite #
City
State/Province
Zip/Postal

Criteria and disclosure

I verify there is no one residing in my home who is able to shovel.
I will notify the town of Calmar if and when I no longer require this service and will return the sign that was assigned to me.
I verify that I am not requesting snow removal assistance due to being on vacation or an extended absence (ie. snowbirds etc.)
I understand that: *
  • I am ultimately responsible for the safety of my property.
  • I am ultimately responsible for complying with the Sidewalk Clearing Bylaw.
  • This program utilizes community volunteers, so there is no guarantee of service.
  • I may be required to supply the tools/equipment needed to clear the snow from my property.
I consent to the town of Calmar disclosing my address to community members offering to support.
I acknowledge that as a participant in the Snow Angels Program, I am permitting volunteers to access my yard and I hold harmless and indemnify the town of Calmar from any and all liability for injury, death, property damage, property loss or any other loss or expense to any party.

Verification

The personal information on this form is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) and will be used for the administration of the town of Calmar Snow Angel Program.

Should you have questions regarding the collection of your personal information, contact the Town office at 780.985.3604.

Note: Property OWNER must authorize renters’ application and fill out a ‘Program Authorization Form’.